Homemade French Madeleines

I have always been a fan of the buttery, lemon-y, spongey doughiness of French Madeleines. I believe there is something more satisfying in splurging in something dense rather than something flakey or crispy. Personally that's just me.

I also believe there is nothing, I mean nothing, more enjoyable than dipping a freshly baked Madeleine in a cappuccino or hot chocolate. The cookies just soak up all of the bitterness and warmth of the coffee or sweetness of the cocoa, and provide the perfect pairing for a delicious, warming jolt to the senses.

The one thing that might hold you back, as it did for me, is having to purchase a Madeleine cookie tray. But I found it to be fully worth it once I brought these beauties out of the oven and to my surprise and delight found them to look exactly like the ones I purchased in a Paris Boulangerie.

Here is the pan I purchased:

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/williams-sonoma-nonstick-madeleine-plaque-pan/

For me, it was on sale that particular day for $23. But there are certainly plenty you can find on Amazon that are cheaper.

The Williams-Sonoma one I liked however because it creates 16 cookies which is more than enough based on the recipes I found.

Here was the recipe I followed and enjoyed!

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/madeleines/

Thanks Sally! :)

Also, Insider Tip: Remember, YOU DO NOT LIVE IN FRANCE. Meaning, YOU MUST SEARCH AND PAY MORE FOR GOOD INGREDIENTS.

In order to come even close to French baking success, you must purchase quality, organic ingredients. Meaning Organic Flour, Organic Sugar, Organic Orangey beautiful eggs. Lastly, the butter. Oh man, does the butter make a difference. I find that our best option is Kerry Gold here in the states. Their butter is pretty amazing!

Bon Appétit!







Comments

Popular Posts