Obsession: French Pharmacy Products

I was lucky enough to be in Paris at the beginning part of this year and partake in one of my all time favorite activities. A trip to La Pharmacie.

The sad but veritable truth is that the French version of a CVS is best compared to a high end Bloomingdale's beauty counter. Its' pristine glass counters with tastefully displayed mini bottles of beauty jelly's and luxurious creams are organized in such a way that brings awe, delight and merriment.

How can this be a pharmacy?!

When you start to look around at the quality of the beauty products and note the elegance to which they advertise their magic potions, you realize how messed up it is to be an American girl. For the same price, I can buy a chemically-infused manufactured-in-China face cream that does nothing for my appearance OR, I can purchase an organically mixed creme with just a touch of natural ingredients that actually make a visible difference.

So, moving on....I have a particular obsession with FACE MASKS. Always have, always will. I know the Korean ones are popular now that you peel off and slap on your face to make you look like a zoo animal. But, no. I stick to the French simplicity.

To me there is nothing more #self-care about lathering on a face cream at night while sipping on a glass of wine and reading a good book.

See below two of my absolute faves (that have still lasted me through the end of this year!)

1. Avene - Antirougeurs (Anti-Redness) I find this one to be particularly soothing to my skin in the winter when my skin tends to get dry, flaky and just overall RED! Yuck. This face creams soothes my skin in the best of ways and I swear my makeup looks better after I have lathered myself in this green, cooling wonder cream. I like using it after a run!


2. Caudalie - Masque Creme-Hydrante I particularly like how this one allows you to sleep with it. If you are one of those people like me that craves moisture, this mask will change your face over night. I love waking up in the morning to dewy, hydrated skin. It feels like my skin got a facial throughout my whole night of sleep!


Hope you enjoyed this first beauty section of the blog.

Bonne Nuit!







Comments

Popular Posts