The French Vinaigrette.


The most important staple of my livelihood. I feel so, so bad for people who live their lives not knowing about this simple yet transformative addition to their daily diet.

Let me just say, I would literally NEVER eat vegetables if it weren't for this homemade dressing.

Growing up, my mom (who also lived in France for a period of her life) would make this dressing every time we even had a tiny side salad on our plates. It didn't matter if it were late at night or we were on the run, she would crush the garlic and bring out the Grey Poupon. I remember my friend Erinn coming over and tasting the garlicky-deliciousness for the first time and going "Oh my god, what IS THIS?!" I was shocked she didn't know. What do you put on your salad? Quel horreur.

Enjoy my friends. You will never. ever. look back.





  • 1 Clove Garlic
  • 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice (A Quarter of a Lemon Squeezed)
  • 1 Teaspoon Grey Poupon Mustard
  • Salt & Pepper

See paired with my California Garden Salad.



Comments

Popular Posts